A Mesa native with deep family roots that go back to Falcon Field during World War II, Duff is very active in the Mesa community. She spent six years on the Board of Directors of the i.d.e.a. Museum. She has served on the City of Mesa Planning and Zoning Board and co-founded the Retail, Arts, Innovation and Livability (R.A.I.L) Community Development Corporation. In 2015 she was awarded the Mesa Community College Hall of Fame Alumni Achievement Award. In 2021 Duff received the LISC Phoenix Annual Exemplary Advocate Award for her work supporting the now-thriving Downtown Mesa community.
Duff is a proud small business owner and entrepreneur. She is the President and Owner of Jef International, Inc., an import/export trading business specializing in sport fishing tackle. She started the business in 1990, following six years as a Professional Bass Angler. She was recognized as the top woman pro bass angler in the Southwest and is the only American woman to ever compete professionally in Japan (Duff lived in Japan in 1989 competing and promoting the sport). Duff is also the former owner of Lobina Lures, which has been manufacturing and distributing Rico brand topwater bass fishing lures since 1991. Prior to her career in sport fishing, Duff worked as a buyer for Goldwater’s department store for six years.
Jenn is a product of Mesa, graduating from Mesa High and earning her Associate in Arts in Fashion Merchandising from Mesa Community College. She completed the Mesa Leadership Training and Development in 2012, Neighborhood Works Leadership Training in 2012, the Mesa Chamber Leadership Development Program in 2018 and the Mesa Fire and Medical Inaugural Citizen's Academy in 2018. She currently is part of the second class of the Smart Growth America Complete Streets Champions Institute. She was recently awarded the 2022 ATHENA Valley of the Sun Founders Award which recognizes inspiring women leaders.
Jenn Duff brings her deep knowledge of Mesa to every decision she makes. Jenn was first elected to the Mesa City Council in November of 2018 and was named Vice Mayor of Mesa on January 11, 2021. With your support, she’ll continue her outstanding work for Mesa for another four years on the City Council.
Photo by Jon Balinkie
Jenn played a significant role in these accomplishments since joining the Mesa City Council:
Neighborhood Vitality & Resiliency
- Named 2021 LISC Community Advocate
- Guerrero Park Mural Installation in collaboration with Urban Land Institute
- Creation of Neighborhood Leadership Program
- “Team Up to Clean Up” neighborhood cleanup events
- Reed Park annual Easter event with Mesa PD
- Eagles Park Community Center Fall Festival
- Eagles Park “We Run Mesa” youth running program
- Support to Washington Escobedo Neighborhood for Governor’s Heritage Preservation Honor Award
- Creation of Small Business Resource Guide
- Al Fresco Patio Expansion grant program
- Small Business Resilience Summit (National League of Cities Grant)
- Kelsey Montage Mural Installation in Downtown Mesa
- Strange Encounters by Ray Villafane Halloween event in Downtown Mesa
Climate & Sustainability
- Mesa Climate Action Plan Adoption
- Installation of public hydration stations – water refill stations
- Adoption of Local First Arizona Green Business Program in Mesa
- Purchase of nation’s 1st all-electric fire truck
- Adoption of Mesa Non-Discrimination Ordinance
- Coming Home: Digital Homeless Summit with Mayor Giles
Infrastructure & Connectivity
- Accepted into Smart Growth America “Champions Institute” for Complete Streets (one of 20 councilmembers across the nation accepted into this program)
- Separated bike lane pilot program on 1st Ave between Mesa Dr & Country Club for bicyclists to safely navigate downtown. Upcoming separated bike lane on Extension Rd to access light rail and Center St from Main to Brown.
- Mesa Achieves Higher Education Committee formation
- Awarded National League of Cities grant for secondary education to meet basic needs for low income and minority students
Prior to being elected to Council and while on Council, Jenn has served Mesa through service on the Boards and Committees below.
City Council Committees
Audit, Finance & Enterprise
Community & Cultural Development
National Boards and Committees
National League of Cities Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Federal Advocacy Committee - Third Term
National League of Cities Large Cities Council
National League of Cities Women in Municipal Government
Arizona Boards and Committees
Arizona League of Cities & Towns Neighborhoods, Sustainability and Quality of Life Committee
Downtown Mesa Association
Maricopa Association of Governments Human Services Community Initiatives Committee – Vice Chair
Mesa Community College Development Board
Past Boards and Committees
City of Mesa Planning and Zoning Board
i.d.e.a. Museum Board – Chair and Vice-Chair
Mesa Achieves Higher Education Task Force – Co-Chair
Mesa Commerce Center Board
R.A.I.L. CDC – Co-Founder
Unity Church of Mesa Board
The Committee to elect Jenn Duff 4 Mesa can’t thank you enough for your generosity. Your contribution will go toward funding our effort to connect with voters and have a conversation about Mesa's future.
If you prefer to mail a check, please send to:
Jenn Duff 4 Mesa
PO Box 1484
Mesa, AZ 85211